Tuesday, 17 January 2017

3 tv shows you should be watching

It's a well-known fact that I love way too many TV shows...
So, while I'm not here today to encourage you for the one-hundredth time to watch Supernatural, I am instead here to share with you three new shows that I'm L-O-V-I-N-G so you can watch too!

1. Designated Survivor
Starring Kiefer Sutherland, Designated Survivor tells the story of 'a low-level Cabinet member who becomes President of the United States after a catastrophic attack kills everyone above him in the Presidential line of succession'. Ten episodes have aired in America so that's all you can see on Netflix but they are soooo good; I watched them over Christmas and was distraught as the last one ended, knowing I have to wait until March for more! I can't work out who did what and who I can and, more importantly, who I can't trust and that's why I love this show so much - when you think you've worked out a plot line, something comes along to knock you back down to square one, but in a good way. I don't usually watch political shows like this but I'm really liking this one!

Designated Survivor is currently available on Netflix.

2. This Is Us 
The only show to make my list actually airing on UK TV and not Netflix, This Is Us follows 'a unique ensemble, as their paths cross and their life stories intertwine, from sharing the same birthday, to so much more than anyone would expect'. I don't want to give too much away for those who've not watched yet, but seriously, this show is SO. FREAKING. GOOD. It's about relationships, about family, about birth and death and everything in between, and I really love everything about this show and its complex, real characters.

This Is Us airs on Tuesday at 10pm on Channel 4.

3. Shooter
Finally,  Shooter (starring the gorgeous Ryan Phillippe - not the film with Mark Wahlberg) is a conspiracy thriller that tells the story of 'Bob Lee Swagger, a highly-decorated veteran who is coaxed back into action to prevent a plot to kill the President'. Again, I don't want to give anything away, so all I will say is you need to watch this show. I was watching episode two when Hubs came home from wherever he'd been and he was hooked; we had to watch episode one again so he could catch up and now he's desperate for more.

Shooter is also currently available on Netflix
with new episodes added each week.

Have you seen any of these shows; what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. This is us is a great new show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it! I'm so glad it's been renewed for at least two more seasons; it seems we're not the only ones loving it! x

      Delete