Tuesday, 20 December 2016

weekend #51

It got very festive here this weekend!

As Friday night was my work Christmas party, Saturday started much later than usual and a lot more blurry eyed than usual! I spent the first half an hour of my day on the phone to the bank trying to sort out fraudulent activity on my account (for the second time this year I may add) and the next 50 minutes on the phone to my mum, catching up as she's been away on a cruise for the past five days. After a cuppa and some toast I decided to get cracking with my gift wrapping...

I got about half done before it was time to get dressed and head out for a Carols by the Christmas Tree event in our local town. It was soooo cute and got both of us in the festive mood, especially Tom who took advantage of the free mulled wine and mince pies being handed out...

Once home, we tucked into king prawn fajitas followed by delicious hot chocolate...
We then spent the night completing the rest of the wrapping, before collapsing into bed around 11pm.

We got a longed-for lay in on Sunday...

Then spent the morning doing chores and preparing and cooking the roast dinner ready for the arrival of my parents and a suitably-festive Izzy at 1pm...

Before the sunset, we headed out for a walk with Izzy...

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. your tree is pretty and your meals always look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete