Monday, 21 November 2016

weekend #47

It's that time of the week again...

I got a lay in on Saturday morning...
I'm not sure if I've got too much going on at the moment or if it's just the time of year and the lack of light but I've not quite felt myself lately; the main struggle has been how tired I've been, however while it was great to relax in bed on Saturday morning, I think I should have got out into the glorious sunshine, because, as it turns out, it would be the best day of the weekend - the weather has been horrendous here yesterday and today. I'm hoping the sun returns soon, because it makes everything better doesn't it?!

Anyway, moving on...

In an attempt to get some more Christmas gift shopping done, Tom and I took a trip up the motorway to a nearby designer outlet village for the afternoon...
The trip might not have been as successful as I would have liked on the gift buying front, but it was nice to be out the house and getting in the festive spirit - can you believe it's less than five weeks until Christmas Day!

Our evening was spent doing chores, including the weekly food shop, eating and watching Suicide Squad - have you seen it? I'm not sure if I liked it. Don't get me wrong, I'm a DC girl at heart but there seemed to be something missing from this movie. In recent years I feel DC just haven't got their movies right - they have such a wealth of characters and stories but they just don't seem to be able to do the films justice; the TV shows on the other hand, they're awesome.

Sunday started pretty miserable weather-wise and seemed to just get worse...

Our weekly Sunday lunch date with my parents was at their house this week, so we hopped in the car around 12:30pm and headed to theirs...

After another delicious dinner, Tom, mum, Izzy and I went out for a walk in the drizzle...
Everywhere was so grey, wet and bare; winter is so close I can almost touch it, and I don't like it. I think, for me November is on par with January for being dark and depressing and I really felt the effects of all that lately :( If you have any tips on how to beat the blues and feel better, please, please share them!

Here's to a better week!

No comments:

Post a Comment