Monday, 14 November 2016

weekend #46

Looking back through these photos I've realised this past weekend left me feeling content...
Now this isn't to say that I don't usually feel this way, but I do often feel like I didn't spend my 48 weekend hours wisely enough, but I guess everyone who works full-time feels this way, especially at this time of year!

We woke early (before 8am) on Saturday... to rain, and lots of it...

So while Hubs watched TV downstairs, I stayed cosy in bed, watching this week's Arrow with a cuppa...

Thankfully, by the time I did get ready to face the day, the rain had lessened somewhat, so we decided to head to Costco and stock up on a few things ready for Christmas... I know there are still six weeks to go, but the sooner you get things done, the sooner you can sit back and just enjoy the festivities, right?! :)
We spent a whopping £93, which included 30 cans of coke, 30 cans of diet coke, a 400g jar of coffee, toilet cleaner, Nandos sauces, coffee beans for my parents, a cake for my dad's birthday the following day and a few bits for a friend, not to mention a Christmas present for my brother. This was only our second trip to our local Costco and we're still really impressed, not only with the variety of stuff but also the prices; it's certainly worth checking it out if you have one close to you! #notsponsored 

How gorgeous was the sunset on Saturday?!

With our glad-rags on, we spent the evening at Tom's Auntie's 70th birthday gathering...

After a late night on Saturday, we got a bit of a lay in on Sunday...

But we didn't stay in bed for long because, would you believe it, the weather was sunny and warm (for November)...

So we took advantage and filled our morning with chores, including laundry, hoovering and cooking a roast dinner...

And, as Sunday was my dad's 62nd birthday, I put some candles in the cake we bought the previous day...

We remembered to pause at 11am...

For Sunday lunch this week, we were joined by my brother and his girlfriend in honour of my dad's birthday; it was really nice to have everyone round the table and I know my dad loved having his most favourite people in the whole world in one room at the same time, sharing a meal and a slice of cake for his birthday!

As usual, mum and I headed out for a walk after dinner with Izzy but Tom was at a Remembrance Sunday service at a local church with his Scout group so sadly he missed all this...

Before mum and dad went home, we had a cuppa and a slice of birthday cake and cooed over how cute this gorgeous six-year-old pup is...
She looks like she's mid-laugh in this photo!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment