Monday, 31 October 2016

weekend #44

Happy Halloween!
How was your weekend? I hope it was filled with festivities. I carved my pumpkin earlier in the week but I did add a few flourishes to the house this weekend, even if Halloween isn't especially 'big' here.

In no real rush to do anything or go anywhere in particular, Saturday morning began lazily with breakfast on the sofa while instastalking.

When we were dressed and motivated to venture out of our four walls, we decided to visit our local antiques centre for a browse...

... followed by a cuppa and a slice of apple pie and custard (which we shared) in the cafe :)

On the way home, we stopped off at a local market town for a mooch around the shops, where I managed to get another Christmas present (!), as well as a loaf of delicious bread for lunch once we got home...

While Tom was watching the footie results come in, I took the opportunity to sprinkle some Halloween scare around the house... well, mainly in a corner of the living room as well as outside by the front door ready for the trick or treaters we were expecting...
We had two lots of trick or treaters but I'm anticipating more tonight!

The evening was spent catching up on some recorded TV while Hubs began putting together a play list for his auntie's 70th birthday party in a couple of weeks. Despite the clocks going back at 2am on Sunday morning, I didn't get my extra hour; I could not sleep, so to avoid disturbing Tom, around 1am I went downstairs for a camomile tea, hoping it would soothe me into a slumber. It kinda worked but I chose to stay on the sofa in the living room so at least one of us had a decent night's sleep. I've not had a night like that for a long time - the last time I was like that was when I was at uni, so I attributed it to stress. As I'm not currently stressed about anything, I think I have to blame the diet coke I drank with my pizza at dinner time on Saturday; I hardly ever have caffeine so when I do it really affects me - so it seems I won't be drinking diet coke after 2pm ever again, unless I know I have a late night ahead of me!

To take advantage of the extra hour, before heading to my parents' house for a roast dinner, Tom and I decided to hit up a local rural centre, mainly so I could check out their festive displays, and I was not disappointed...
I bought two little sledging mice to add to my numerous Christmas decorations :)

After a roast, mum, Tom and I headed out for a walk amongst the leaves and pretty trees...

Tired from the day and a shocking night's 'sleep', I spent an hour that evening on the sofa reading the November issue of Country Living before cutting Hub's hair then hitting the hay...

Have a great week and a frightful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment