Tuesday, 11 October 2016

absence

I've been pretty absent around these parts lately; I don't really know why.

I've not been especially busy; I've not been lacking an internet connection; I've not lost the love for blogging, well, not that I know of. I don't really know why I've found it so difficult to make the time to pop in here more regularly than my usual Monday weekend recap posts. I know I don't owe anyone an explanation, but when you put so much of your life online you kinda feel like you do. 

Except, I don't have one. 

I don't have any excuses other than I've been lazy and, honestly, couldn't be bothered to fire up the laptop after a day at work. I wanted so spend time with my husband, in our home, making memories; and when I wasn't doing that I wanted to spend time alone - as an introvert, it's essential -  recharging my batteries and feeding my soul. However autumn is now upon us, which means cosy nights in that should give me time to blog, time to come up with ideas and time to just type my thoughts out onto the keyboard. And I'm thankful for that.

I'm thankful to have carved out this little corner of the blogsphere; I'm thankful to the few people who visit each day to read what I've written; I'm thankful to have this outlet and, as I'm typing this, I'm beginning to realise just how much I have actually missed it.

So, this is me promising to make time to blog more often, if only for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment