Monday, 19 September 2016

weekend #38

Can you believe there are only 14 weekends left in 2016?!
I've noticed a trend developing in recent weeks; Saturdays are dull, grey and generally not nice weather-wise, while Sundays are sunny, warm and filled with blue skies - the kind of September days we all love; this weekend was no different...

On Saturday I was up and dressed before 9am because I was dropping Hubs off at the Scout hut (where he volunteers as an Assistant Scout Leader) so he could help set up for the family fun day they were having to raise much-needed funds for a new roof for the hut...

After dropping him off, I did the weekly food shop - Aldi before 10am on a Saturday sucks, just FYI. Once home I put the shopping away and enjoyed an easy breakfast of instant porridge and a cuppa, while catching up on some missed TV...

Around 1:30pm, I headed over to the family fun day to show my support...
 ...and discovered hubs on barbecue duty...
It was a great success and over £600 profit was raised, which might not be enough for a new roof, but it'll go a good way to getting the new roof fund started! 

My evening was spent with this gorgeous lady..
...who's getting hitched next month. Along with 14 others, we enjoyed a delicious Indian meal, lots of great conversations and some magical entertainment :) The bride-to-be was in great spirits and I'm seriously looking forward to the wedding next month!

After a late night, Sunday started a little later and much more relaxed; I made a smoothie and got the roast dinner on for my parents' arrival at 1:30pm...
While the roast was cooking, I did some cleaning, two loads of laundry and had a shower.

With such glorious weather on Sunday afternoon, Hubs, mum and I took advantage and took Izzy on a two hour walk in beautiful September sunshine...

Izzy loved watching the ducks... and the bread we were feeding them!

After a sit down, cuppa and slice of cake, Tom got stuck in to cleaning the car, while I loaded the dishwasher and tidied up the kitchen...
After a spot of tea with the in-laws, we watched Celebrity Island with Bear Grylls for Stand Up To Cancer before collapsing into clean sheets, knackered from a busy weekend.

My weekends throughout the summer have been busy, occasionally too busy for my liking so I'm looking forward to a few more relaxed and quieter weekends as autumn rolls into winter. Autumn is my favourite time of year so I'm looking forward to spending afternoons outdoors and evenings curled up under a blanket next to the man I love in the home we've built together over this past year!
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment