Monday, 12 September 2016

weekend #37

This weekend was all about family...
We spent some quality time with my parents after their two-week break to Scotland; we celebrated my cousin's birthday with a family barbecue; and we got the opportunity to relax with one another in the home we're creating, which I loved because it doesn't always happen.

After staying up late watching the Paralympics on Friday night (and watching all those Gold medals roll in), we woke super late on Saturday; in fact there were only 15 minutes of the morning left when we finally got up! After some breakfast, we got started on some chores, including putting away all my summer decor and fetching out the autumn bits (I'm gonna do a post on this later this week)...

...and sorting out our wardrobes by putting away summer clothes and getting rid of anything that's not been worn recently.
Why does it always feel so good to have a clear out? It's cleansing for the soul!

Around 5pm, we headed out to my Aunt & Uncle's house for a barbecue to celebrate my cousin's 26th birthday, which was on Thursday...

There was so much food, with Tom enjoying a massive amount of meat (as I'm a pescatarian, poor Hubs doesn't get a meat fix very often), and everyone enjoying a slice of delicious cake...
...as well as a birthday sing-song :)

After another late night, I was awake surprisingly early on Sunday, so I took advantage of all that time, and the shining sun, and got my cleaning/laundry done while Hubs did a tip run and the food shop...

 ...before heading over to my parents' house for the weekly roast dinner, which we've not done for a couple of weeks while they've been enjoying the peace, tranquility and scenery of the Highlands of Scotland. After hearing all about their holiday and enjoying a pretty delicious roast, Hubs, mum and I took Izzy for a walk in the sun... 
It was a beautiful September day; days like that are the reason September is my favourite month. Blue skies, harvested fields and cool, crisp mornings and chilly evenings are some of my favourite things, and they're in abundance in September. I hope there are more weekends like this in the coming weeks.

Here's to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment