Tuesday, 6 September 2016

weekend #36

I meant to post this yesterday but time ran away from me...
I think the fact that time is passing so quickly is the main reason I'm not ready for autumn's arrival; seriously, how is it September already?

Tom got up bright and early on Saturday to run some errands; he nipped up the M1 to IKEA and the East Midlands Designer Outlet to pick up some flat-pack storage and a Bean-to-Cup Coffee machine for my parents, who are still away on holiday. I wish I could say I stayed in bed and went back to sleep but it wasn't to be so I got up and took advantage of the quiet by completing this blog post, as well as starting a guest post for Kelly...

With Hubs home and the to-do list complete, we headed out again and into Leicester (picking Tom's mum up along the way) for the start of the Pride Parade...
...which, despite the awful wet weather, was fun and super colourful. With the rain still pouring, we decided not to follow the parade into Victoria Park and instead went for a spot of lunch, before checking out a few shops, including Primark (hello new pjs) and Debenhams (another Christmas present in the bag).

After dropping the mother-in-law back at home and having a warming drink, we headed home for fajitas...

...followed by popcorn while watching Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps before collapsing into bed around 11pm.

It was my turn to be awake early on Sunday; I woke about 7:30 after a really odd dream and needing a pee, but once my bladder was empty I couldn't get back to sleep so I got up and made banana pancakes...

Once Tom was up, he set about putting together the IKEA storage he bought on Saturday...

It's for the cupboard in our bedroom. This large cupboard was crying out for shelves of some kind but it was Tom who suggested a shelving unit rather than shelves drilled to the wall and I have to say, it's was a good idea. Sadly, the unit fits so snuggly in the cupboard that Hubs had to practically take it apart and build it again inside the cupboard. Once he had, it was my turn to fill it...
Actually being able to use this cupboard has made a huge difference as we've now freed up some space in our wardrobes and under the bed in our guest bedroom; hopefully, I'll find some time next weekend to fill these freed up spaces with items that have been sitting in the third bedroom since we moved!

After nipping to a local retail park for a browse (why do I always buy new clothes when I 'browse'?), we decided to get some food, and as it was Sunday a roast was in order. However, I was so hungry that I forgot to take a photo, so instead I snapped out clean and empty plates...

We followed our roast with a McDonald's McFlurry...

I have to say, I really started to notice the nights drawing in this past week and, like I said last week, I love autumn but I'm not ready for cooler temperatures and falling leaves. The weather was a bit mixed this weekend and it would be great to have a few more days this month like Sunday, with the sun shining and temps cool enough for boots and a light jacket - that's the autumn I know and love, not the territorial rain and dark days of Saturday!

Here's to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment