Thursday, 15 September 2016

styling the seasons: summer to autumn

Since moving house last September, I've kept my interiors pretty neutral but I knew early on that I wanted to change certain things with the seasons, like cushions, vases and candles. With the first day of  meteorological autumn passed, and the first day of astronomical autumn just around the corner, I figured now was as good of a time as any to put away my summer, coastal-inspired decor and dress the house ready for autumn...


The first thing I did was swap out my summer cushions (with their blues, yellows and floral motifs) and replace them with checks, faux fur and a gorgeous embroidered pheasant cushion from Laura Ashley...

Then I rearranged and replaced a few things on the picture ledges above the sofa...

My Lime & Bay candle was put away (which I hope to replace with this one soon), as was my blue star and seahorse...

...and I swapped my Homesense globe and seashell for a cute bronze fox (to match my hare) and a cactus vase, which I still adore, months after buying it!
I'll miss having cut flowers, that I've grown in the garden, scattered around the house, so (to keep things pretty) I think I may have to find space for some twinkling fairy lights and a few autumnal sprays, but so far I'm happy with how the house looks for autumn.


Home Etc
Are you ready for autumn's arrival?

1 comment:

  1. Love the cushions they really do change the mood to Autumn! Thanks for sharing xx #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete