Monday, 22 August 2016

weekend #34

It's not really felt like the weekend this weekend!
I'm currently mid-way through two weeks off work so the past two days haven't felt much different to the previous five, although Hubs was around which was lovely. He's now off work for a week, so hopefully we can have some fun days out and make lots of summer memories together over the next eight days (seeing as next Monday is a Bank Holiday).

Despite Saturday being Hub's first day off work he was up early, so I was up before 9am; it wasn't a bright sunny Saturday though, the rain seemed as if it were set in for the day...

Thankfully it brightened up a bit later. Over the past month, we've been putting plans into motion that came to fruition this weekend; our shed was delivered and erected on Friday (in the rain) and my dad and brother came over on Saturday to help Hubs build a raised bed across the back of our garden... 

After making the workers a bacon sandwich, I headed out for a walk with my mum and Izzy; we tried somewhere new and parked up at my local Aldi to walk around a nearby nature reserve, which was beautiful; we even found some ducks, but sadly we had no bread to feed them (my mum loves to feed the ducks)...

As we were already at Aldi, I did the weekly food shop after our walk then headed home to see how far things with the raised bed had progressed...
It was almost finished, which I was thrilled about; all Hubs and my dad needed to do on Sunday was bolt everything together! After being told numerous times by my dad in the run up to building that it wasn't a five-minute job and would take both Saturday and Sunday to finish, I was thrilled to see the project so close to completed. Our garden looks so different and so much better than the mud pit it was when we moved in; you can actually see the bones of the garden taking shape; I almost can't wait for spring 2017 so I can start planting and enjoying the fruits of our labour!

After a soak in the tub to relax his tired muscles (from lifting those heavy sleepers), Hubs and I ate some pizza and snuggled up on the sofa, with the rain battering down outside, to watch Men In Black 3 followed by The Bourne Supremacy (they were both on TV).

We enjoyed a glorious lay in on Sunday. After a cuppa tea in bed (brought to me by my darling husband), I got up and had some breakfast...
...before putting the roast dinner in the oven and doing some cleaning.

My mum, dad and Izzy arrived around 11:30am and once everything was done for dinner and all we had to do was wait for things to cook, mum and I took Izzy on a little walk in the drizzle to burn off some of the excess energy she seemed to have. Dinner was served around 1:45pm...

After dinner and with the men back in the garden playing with bolts, mum and I went out for another walk with Izzy, this time in glorious sunshine...

As the raised bed bolts weren't quite completed when we got home (apparently they've been a bit of a b*tch!), mum and I had an ice cream and a sit down. My parents left around 5pm and just over an hour later Hubs' mum, two sisters and nephew came round; we spent the next few hours drinking tea (with Tom's mum sampling rice milk for the first time - I don't think I've converted her though) and chatting and everything and anything. Before heading to bed, I wrote this blog post as Hubs and I are spending Monday at Bicester Outlet Village and I'll be far too busy shopping to write up my weekend :)
I hope you had a great weekend (it's a three-day one next weekend, my favourite kind!)


No comments:

Post a Comment