Monday, 15 August 2016

weekend #33

Today isn't a usual Monday; today is my first day of two weeks off work.
Hashtag Current View :)
Two glorious weeks in which I plan to rest, recharge and make summer memories before the weather turns,
and this past weekend was the perfect start...

Unusually for the weekend, Hubs slept in on Saturday, which, in turn, meant I also enjoyed a lay in!

After breakfast (gotta love Nutella on toast), and a flying visit from Hubs' mum (I love living so close to family), I did a few chores including loading the dishwasher and washing a few pots...

...before starting the fence painting around midday.

Although I have two weeks off work, Hubs only has my second week off with me, so this week is my week to get a number of jobs done, one of which is painting the fence before we take delivery of our new shed on Friday. I managed to get the shed section of the fence painted in three hours...
I love the colour and am so happy that I decided to stick with a traditional brown instead of one of the colours in fashion at the mo. With something as large as the fence, I think it's best to go traditional and add colour and interest with plants and possibly a painted shed, although I'm not sure what colour to paint that yet :( My plan is to paint some more fence this afternoon and tomorrow morning. We're building a raised bed at the back of the garden on Saturday (with help from my brother and advice from my dad) so I need to get that section of fence painted, at the very least. 

After getting washed up (and I was absolutely covered in paint), we had some tea and headed out to a local music festival for a couple of hours as it was such a nice evening...

Sunday morning was extremely relaxed and slow; it was so nice knowing that I didn't HAVE to get my cleaning done this weekend; I could take some time in the week to get it done, so my weekend was so relaxed and laid back - I just wish it was like that every week!

Around 1pm, we headed over to my parents house for a roast, followed by a slice of my strawberry flan...

In the late afternoon heat we took Izzy for a walk around the fields, which have been recently harvested; I swear signs of autumn are popping up everywhere...
She is seriously so freaking cute!!

On the way home, we called in at Hubs' aunt's house as she was having a barbecue for her visiting granddaughters; it was lovely to see everyone but we only stayed for a couple of hours before heading home so Tom could watch the cycling and get ready for work...

Here's to a relaxed but productive week... 
now, to paint more of that fence!

1 comment:

  1. YUM!The meals you make always look delicious! The views on your walks are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete