Monday, 1 August 2016

weekend #31

I'm loving being able to cut sweet peas on an almost daily basis (they smell soooo good)
and how cool do my sunflowers look, towering above our fence?!

I was up bright and early on Saturday morning to wave Hubs off as he's gone camping with his Scout troop for a week. He's not camping too far away but he won't be home until next Saturday :(

After wiping away my tears (I jest!), I had some breakfast and browsed through my new magazines (I'm addicted to interior magazine and I really need to stop buying so many), before spending the next few hours leisurely doing some chores, including laundry, ironing, hoovering and cleaning the bathrooms.

Early afternoon saw the arrival of three of my besties for a kinda house warming. At one time or another I have worked with all three of these ladies and although we've all moved on, we've kept in touch. We usually meet up for food once a month on a Friday after work, but as Tom was away and they'd yet to see my new house, it was time to have them over for a proper catch up and a tour.
We spent the evening chatting, eating and roasting marshmallows on the fire I created (insert proud emoji here)!

I woke early on Sunday morning and spent a few hours relaxing on the sofa and chatting some more with one friend who stayed over...

Around midday I gave my friend a lift home and headed over to my parents house for our weekly roast dinner. Pleasantly full (with Viennetta), mum and I headed out for a walk around the fields with Izzy...
It was an odd walk this week; I felt as though it could have been September; the crops in the fields had turned, clouds filled the sky, there was a slight chill to the breeze and we even saw some ripe blackberries in the hedgerows - what is happening?! Don't get me wrong, I love September and the arrival of autumn, but I am soooo not ready for it yet. We've hardly had a summer and I've not had any time off from work yet so I'm not prepared to think about carpets of golden leaves, knitwear and boots, or (gulp) Christmas!

Here's hoping summer returns to us soon,

No comments:

Post a Comment