Monday, 11 July 2016

weekend #28

I stayed close to home this weekend and enjoyed every minute...

The rain was so horrendous on Saturday morning that it woke me at 6am! Thankfully I forced myself to drop back off until 9:30am, but Hubs was up at 7am (after going to bed at 9:30pm on Friday night; am I living with an old man?).
While Tom was out at the Scout Hut helping out with a clear up day, I decided to relax and start my new book, After You by Jojo Moyes. I loved Me Before You and seeing the film recently ignited a fire within me to find out how life turns out for dear Lou; I'm only ten chapters in though, so no spoilers, please :)

After about three hours on the sofa, I decided I better get my arse into gear and be a productive adult, so I spent the afternoon doing a few jobs, including washing up, sweeping and mopping the floors and ironing while catching up on George Clarke's Old House New Home (which I am loving btw)...

At 7pm it was time to get ready for a evening out with Hub's dad and his wife at a local Indian we'd not tried before...
It was a lovely evening with great food and great company; we hit the hay about midnight.

Sunday was a pretty productive day; Tom woke up on a mission and got a number of jobs done that we'd just not got around to doing, including putting together a picnic bench for our garden and putting up a retractable washing line for those times when we need to hang out bedsheets or his tent...

While he was busy doing that, I caught up on Friday's episode of Neighbours and put the roast dinner on, ready for my parents' arrival at 1:30pm...

 I'm pretty proud of these Yorkies :)

After dinner and a slice of delicious chocolate and nut cheesecake (and ice cream), we headed out for a walk with Izzy...
We encountered all kinds of weather on our walk, from dark clouds and rain to bright sunshine and high temps and we were out of the house less than two hours! It was lovely to feel the sun after so many weeks of grey, miserable weather.

Once my parents had gone home, Hubs decided to tick one more job off his list - he put up the wall-mounted bottle opener I bought from Amazon last year...
 Look at that proud face :)

The garden is coming along nicely and the job over the next few weeks will be to get the raised bed along the back fence built, dispose of the hardcore we dug out when laying the patio and getting the weed membrane and stones down so we can get a shed ordered. I also have plans to paint the fence during my week off work in mid-August, so I'm hoping the weather will be on my side. 

It was lovely to use the garden yesterday to dry the washing and sit in the sun for a little while; it makes me want to hurry and get everything done so we can actually enjoy it. I'm sure we'll just get sorted and the bad weather of winter will be upon us. Ah well, at least we'll be able to enjoy it next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment