Monday, 4 July 2016

weekend #27

It felt like summer returned again this weekend...
After weeks of rain and grey clouds, we got a whole day of sun on Sunday and a fair amount (mixed in with a few showers) on Saturday; this weekend was also the first time in four weeks we've not had work taking place in the garden, which was nice 
(even if the garden isn't quite finished yet).

I got a lovely lay in on Saturday morning...

After a lazy breakfast, we headed out to run a few errands, including buying some plum slate to finish off our new patio area...

After a late lunch, we went over to see my mum and then did a food shop before rushing home to have a quick shower to get ready for a spontaneous family meal with some of Tom's family at the local Indian restaurant :)

Sunday started far too early... at 5am to be exact.
I was up with the lark  to help my mum, auntie and cousin with a car boot sale; they wanted to sell the remainder of items from my late nana's house...
The weather was kind to us - even if some of the punters were super cheeky - and they made a respectable £115 between them (my cousin sold a few old handbags and shoes, as well as unwanted teddies)! 

Thankfully we packed up and headed back to my mum's house around 1pm, where we enjoyed a lovely roast dinner and key lime cheesecake for afters...

Instead of going for a walk with mum and Izzy on Sunday afternoon, we headed to our local Ford dealer because on Friday afternoon we bought a new car; yes, after driving a 65-plate Focus for three weeks due to our recent accident, Hubs had me convinced that it was time to trade in our ol' gal and upgrade to a new, more economical and fuel-efficient car, so meet Snow, who will officially be ours on Wednesday...
Look how happy he is!

On the way home, we popped into Hub's mum's house and spent a few hours chatting in the conservatory, before I was too zombiefied to carry on...
Once home, I had a shower, changed the bed sheets and collapsed!

While we crammed a lot into this weekend, with much of it feeling spontaneous and slightly rushed, I enjoyed the weekend being a little more relaxed, and the sun was a welcome sight; let's hope she's here to stay for a while :)

1 comment:

  1. I recently bought that model myself; it's night and day compared to our old vehicle, and my wife actually loves the features. I'm sure you and your husband will be getting a lot of use out of "Snow"! I know I sure intend to keep mine for a good long time. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete