Monday, 20 June 2016

weekend #25

Summer well and truly went on holiday this weekend...
The only thing that differentiated it from October was the colour of the leaves on the trees!

Despite the nasty weather, some excellent progress was made with our patio project...
The guy doing it is such a perfectionist, which is great because I am too. He's taking his time to make sure things are level, even and that the water runs off away from the house. Whilst I can't wait until it's done, I'm thankful he is taking his time to get it done right first time :)

SATURDAY
After spending my morning doing some jobs (such as tidying up and fetching some edging blocks for the patio), Hubs and I headed out for the afternoon on a guided young deer walk at Bradgate Park with my parents, to see the new deer babies that have been born recently; we went on a rutting guided walk back in October so it was nice to see the results of all that fighting and shagging.
We were fortunate enough to come across two babies, one born the previous night (which Tom found as he almost stepped on her) and one that was two days old and extremely feisty! It was a great way to spend an afternoon, but man were my legs tired from clambering through all the tall bracken.

After some delicious pizza and wedges, we watched Deadpool before collapsing into bed :)


SUNDAY
My morning included catching up on some TV while eating breakfast, more cleaning, a shower, laundry and cooking bacon sandwiches for Hubs and our patio guy. Around 1pm, we headed to my parents house for a Father's Day roast, followed by a walk through the overgrown, and wet, fields...



How cute is Izzy though?!

It was nice to enjoy a relatively peaceful and relaxing weekend because next weekend we'll be celebrating my mum's 60th birthday, which includes a day at the seaside, a meal out, a barbecue (if the weather improves) and lots of love and gifts for the birthday girl (who is dreading being officially 'old' - her words not mine!).

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. You're making fantastic progress, lovely photos too! The patio looks great :) thank you for your comment my lounge reveal, the snuggle seat was from Laura Ashley, and I think they have a sale on at the moment xx

    ReplyDelete