Monday, 6 June 2016

weekend #23

This weekend was an odd one...
I woke on Friday with a stiff neck and it still hasn't gone even as I write this, so my weekend involved a fair amount of pain, some progress on our garden and a car accident!

As I woke in pain after a rubbish night's sleep, my Saturday was spent on the sofa not really doing much more than trying to get comfortable and catching up on some TV... 

While I was on the sofa, Hubs was outside working with his friend to build a base for a shed in the top left-hand corner of the garden; it's been built using the builder-grade slabs that were already down as the patio because we've bought new ones to create a larger and nicer patio, which should be done next weekend, depending on the weather!


With my neck feeling a little less painful and not as stiff, I spent Sunday morning catching up on a few jobs I didn't get done the day before, such as ironing and washing up...

After a delicious roast dinner at my parents house, we headed out for a walk around the fields in the sunshine...

Sadly on our way home, we were involved in a car accident...
I won't go into too much detail but thankfully both Hubs and I are fine, but our car is a little damaged (the bonnet is wonky and the front bumper and driver-side wing are so damaged the door won't open properly). Looks like we'll be driving a courtesy car for a couple of weeks while ours is fixed :(

A terrible end to a not-so-great weekend, so, unsurprisingly, I'm already looking forward to next weekend!


1 comment:

  1. i'm glad everyone was ok! That is a great view on your walk. The base for the shed looks Fantastic. Ironing is one of my least favorite tasks. I usually get hubby to do it for me if we have anything that needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete