Monday, 16 May 2016

weekend #20

Is it safe to assume summer is just around the corner?
The weather this weekend was beautiful wasn't it? It's amazing how great weather can lift your mood and make you appreciate your time away from work all the more. I really do love my weekends and I love blogging about them, mainly so I can scroll back and remember!

Saturday began with a cuppa in bed...

...before cracking on with a load of jobs, including...

Hub's dad is getting hitched next weekend, so as well as wrapping a gift and writing a card ready for the wedding day (as well as a card for a wedding the night before which we're unable to attend), I headed off to the Hen Do on Saturday night...
We had a lovely meal at a country pub in Mansfield and it was nice to spend some time with my sister-in-laws and future step-mother-in-law and her friends... and the food was delicious!

The sun was shining again on Sunday morning... 

After a bit of breakfast and getting another load of washing on the line, I lazed on the sofa catching up on some TV shows I'd recorded while Hubs went out and did the food shop...

We then headed over to my parents' house for a roast dinner and walk around the fields in the sunshine...

From my parents' house, we went to Hub's mum's house for a bite to eat and a catch up, before heading home and getting straight into bed. Late night's Friday and Saturday left me craving the comfort of my bed (and I kinda wish I was still there now, truth be told). I didn't really take that many photos this weekend so I'm sure this hasn't been the most exciting post to read, but I did have a great time and that's what life is all about :)

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment