Monday, 11 April 2016

weekend #15

I hardly left my house this weekend... and it was glorious!

Saturday morning started with a house clean; I love cleaning up on Saturday mornings. For me, it's a great way to start the weekend as productively as I mean to go on. I like to put things away, file the week's post, do some laundry, clean the kitchen and empty the dishwasher or do a load of washing up. It's nice to get my house in order so I can enjoy the weekend (plus there's nothing like lazily waking on Sunday morning to a clean house)...


On Good Friday, I planted some seeds and they're actually progressing quite nicely. Hopefully I can fill some tubs this summer and add a touch of colour to our currently bland outside space!
I never knew just how satisfying growing things can be. As we have such a blank garden with nothing but a patch of mud and a few paving stones, we've got grand ideas for how we can transform the space - we want something low maintenance but pretty and enjoyable, so growing a few plants of our own this year is a start. Hopefully we can continue to learn and enjoy growing our own for many years to come.

We did a late lunch and ate with friends who visited with their super cute little boy; it was a lovely afternoon and Hubs and I thoroughly enjoyed playing with Max and catching up with dear friends ;)

After waving our friends goodbye and doing another quick tidy up, we settled down on the sofa to watch a film, Avengers: Age of Ultron - have you seen it? I enjoyed it but I think Hubs enjoyed it more than I did, which is unusual as I'm usually the superhero fan.

On Sunday morning we woke around 9am and sleepily wandered downstairs for breakfast, where we were greeted by the most beautiful light flooding the kitchen...

I wonder if there will ever come a time when the way the soft morning light streams into the kitchen/dining area in my house doesn't make me smile. I love it. It makes me so happy to have such a light, bright home.

It was our turn to cook for my parents so Sunday morning was spent preparing the roast dinner :)

Animals seemed to be the 'theme' of our post-roast walk this week; we saw cows and calves, pheasants, horses and numerous 'garden' birds. I'm loving this time of year - I just wish there were a few more leaves on the trees... roll on May!

After a spot of tea with the in-laws, I had a shower and collapsed into bed, mentally preparing for Monday to roll around again. 
Why does it always come so quickly?

2 comments:

  1. You are always super busy on weekends! I love all the food! I am a superhero fan and I liked the movie quite a bit actually. The little bits like the goof on Captain America for the language or Thor getting nervous when Capt. America went for the hammer. It's the little thing like that that really suck me into the movie. I really want grow some plants or flowers from seeds, but we are moving in about a year and we don't need another thing to pack with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Thor; made me laugh when Ultron picked up Mjölnir :) I didn't grow anything this time last year because it would be more to move, so I'm with you on that! x

      Delete