Thursday, 31 March 2016

positive #1

At the start of 2016, I vowed to be more positive, to count my blessings and generally feel happier.

We've reached the end of the first quarter of 2016 now (seriously, how fast has that gone?) so I wanted to take stock and look at how I'm doing...

Count my blessing daily - When I chose 'positive' as my word for 2016, I did plan to write my daily blessings in a notebook at the end of each day, but I've not done this for at least six weeks. I wrote my blessings down religiously at the start of the year but as time wore on, it became a chore, so I think I will revise my plan and instead vow to write my blessings down once a week, which is more than I'm doing now and still manageable. I am trying to mentally count them each day though.

Find the positives in every situation - I have tried so hard with this. When my nana passed away in January, instead of crying because I'd lost her, I focused on the fact that I had been blessed to know her. Obviously I was sad she had passed away, but I was pleased she was no longer in pain, scared or confused and chose to truly believe she was reunited with my pop-pops and her family. 

However, there are other things going on in my life, things I'm choosing to keep private, that have been harder to remain positive throughout. These situations are on-going. Some days it's easy to be optimistic and have hope for the future. Other days I feel overcome with despair and grief for the future I feel I've lost. However, I'm choosing to believe that 'what will be will be' and if certain things aren't meant to be then I'll survive; my future may not look like I imagined, but that's ok... at least, that's how I feel today. 

Generally feel happier - Understandably, some days this is easier than others, but generally, I think I do feel happier. Moving house has helped with this; no longer do I dread going home after work in fear of hours of loud music from the neighbours vibrating our walls and floor. Home is now the sanctuary I always dreamt it to be and that makes my heart sing.

1 comment:

  1. Being positive in the middle of the muck seems impossible at times. I found that if you can find one good thing everyday, no matter how small it is, if can help change your outlook. Great job keeping your head up in the middle of the struggle.

    ReplyDelete