Monday, 18 January 2016

Weekend #3

Winter finally arrived this weekend... and it was glorious.
There's something about a really decent snowfall that transports me back to being a child. I love waking up to a fresh, almost magical new world that's clean and white. Kinda makes it feel like anything is possible...

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself, because the snow arrived Sunday morning...

Saturday was spent doing chores, picking bits and bobs up in town, and Hubs watching the football on his phone using his mum's Wi-Fi because the builders have cut through our Virgin Media cables and they can't be re-laid until later this week. 

I love my new house; I love how light it is. I know I said this last week, but I really do love how light and bright this house is compared to my last house. And because I love it so much, it rarely feels like an actual chore to clean it. It's a pleasure to wipe away the week and start the weekend afresh, which is why a lot of the cleaning was done on Friday afternoon (might as well make the most of my early finish from work - I have the dentist this Friday though). Saturday ended with pizzas and crappy TV...
 
Sunday breakfast was eaten whilst admiring the snow.

The morning was spent pottering about and getting ready to face the day, so around midday we headed over to my parents house, where we enjoyed a roast dinner and chocolate fudge cake with ice cream for pudding.

We then wrapped up warm and donned our wellies for a walk with Izzy in the snow, across the fields and into new housing estates...

After a visit to Hub's mum's, we collapsed on the sofa for an hour or so to watch a few episode of The Big Bang Theory (do you like our aerial set up? Hopefully Virgin Media will be fixed this week and the bloody thing can go in the loft where it belongs!), before retiring to bed.

Here's to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment