Wednesday, 13 January 2016

2016

Despite a number of great things happening last year, I found myself feeling increasingly down and generally negative about things. I would only see the bad in a situation, would compare myself to others and only see what they had that I didn't, all of which left me feeling slightly bitter and, more often than not, sad.

That's not who I want to be. 

After mulling it over for a couple of weeks and seeing if it 'fit', I've decided to adopt 'positive' as my word of 2016. For 2015, my word was 'focus' and I feel like, for the majority of the year, I achieved what I wanted by staying focused. I'm hoping I can be successful with positive for 2016.

I want to count my blessing daily, because I am hugely blessed - I plan to write my daily blessings in a notebook at the end of each day. 

I want to find the positives in any and every situation - like last night when we had a flat tyre; I didn't focus on the fact one was flat, I focused on the fact that three weren't, that we had a spare tyre, and that we can afford to replace said flat tyre, which Hubs sorted this morning.

I want to generally feel like a happier, more positive person - at the end of 2014, I took part in the 100 Happy Days challenge and by Day 100, I did feel happier about life. Focusing on the positive things, the things that make me smile and laugh, as well as the things that make me happy that I usually take for granted on a daily basis, did make me feel happier, but I seem to have lost the ability to find the pleasure in the small, daily occurrences.

So, for 2016, I'm putting the past behind me and focusing on being positive and a 'glass half full' kinda gal!

4 comments:

  1. I love this perspective! It's not about pretending life isn't hard, it's about being happy in spite of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Chelsea :) I have a sign waiting to go up at home that reads 'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain' and that's my mantra for 2016!

      Delete
  2. I love it!! What a great word to pick. I hope that you continue to find the positive in life. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete