Friday, 11 December 2015

high five for Friday

Happy Friday, guys!
How's your week been? I've had a really good one this week...

1 | My week started with a three-day weekend, which automatically makes it better in every way to a normal weekend, but this one was truly superior because we got our Christmas tree and decorated the house, inside and out...
My heart is happy :) (you can see more of my #Christmas2015 decorations here)

2 | The weekend also involved lots of quality time with my hubs.
It's not been easy lately, whether it's winter or delayed stress from uprooting our lives and moving house, but I'd say the last month or two has been the hardest our marriage has faced, but with Christmas on the horizon, we're back on track and looking forward to 2016.

3 | Wednesday saw the completion of work we've been waiting weeks for :)
  • the addition of a breakfast bar in the kitchen
  • cupboards in the utility room
  • and what we consider to be a proper double wardrobe (not he poxy thing the developers installed) in the Master bedroom
I'm so happy and the house feels more complete than ever. We've just got a bedroom carpet to be fitted on Saturday and we are fully moved into majority of the house (we've still gotta get carpets fitted in the other two bedrooms, but that'll be done in the first half of 2016).

4 | Supernatural and Arrow aired their mid-season finales on Wednesday night (Thurs am for me) and I can't wait until January for the next episodes - I NEED THEM NOW!!

5 | I'm looking forward to unpacking our bedroom on Saturday, buying a turkey for Christmas Day, and cooking a roast dinner for my parents on Sunday, the last one before we attempt Christmas dinner on the 25th!

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I love the changes you made in your house. So beautiful! You did an amazing job! Gorgeous decorations too, I just love how Christmas decorations make a house look.

    http://mymonochromaticlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meg; I really wish we could keep Christmas decs up all year, but then I guess that's what makes them so fun and magical :)

      Delete
  2. Cute decorations! And yay for getting things done around the house! I always feel so accomplished when I knock things out like that.

    Thanks for linking up with us for H54F!

    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete