Monday, 23 November 2015

weekend recap


It's amazing what a good weekend can do for the soul!

Saturday morning started early (7:30am) and with snow! 
Ok, so it was only a sprinkling but if I'd have got up at 10am like I used to before we moved I'd have missed it!

Turns out though, snow brings with it low temperatures and so it was freezing for the local light switch on! I did get to meet a film-star reindeer, called Minstrel, and enjoy two hot chocolates though, so yay! for the start of official hot chocolate season! 

Sunday saw both hubs and I lay in until 10am; the cold temps must have used more energy than we realised! That relaxed, slow pace continued through the day as we cracked on with a few chores...

...before heading out into the winter sunshine for a long, leisurely stroll.

On our return, Hubby settled down to watch the footie (his team won, FYI) while I caught up on Chicago Fire, and around 5:30pm, Hub's mum, sister and nephew came over for pizza, nachos and toffee cheesecake, and to make some paperchains for my mother-in-law's 60th birthday party next Saturday. All in all, Sunday was such a lovely day that really enabled us both to unwind from a stressful week at work. If only every weekend was as rejuvenating as this one :)

Here's to a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment