Monday, 5 October 2015

Focus: month nine

As regular readers will be aware, at the beginning of 2015 (all those months ago) I decided to focus on a different goal each month; I thought this would be more successful than making one New Year's Resolution I would have undoubtedly abandoned by mid-January.

In August, I had a bit of a wobble and didn't achieve everything I wanted to - you can read all about it here - so for September, I decided to make the same goal, which was to be organised, something I desperately needed to be in order to have a successful, problem-free house move. 

As most of you know, I successfully moved house, although it wasn't without its stress! Completion took place much later than I wanted (something I frustratingly had absolutely zero control over #damnchain) and we had to do a few trips from old to new house with the loaded van, but all in all we did the best we could. We could not have done any of it without the generous family members who gave up their time and energy to help us move; to them, I will be forever grateful :)


So, now we're moved and are settling in, it's time to focus on something new, something I've been too stressed and pre-occupied to put first in recent months: myself and my health. Moving is stressful, so I've been stress eating, not exercising and not really sleeping properly either, so for October, I'm going to focus on me, my health and my general well-being. I'm going to cook more fresh foods, I'm going to take lunch to work instead of buying whatever I can grab, and I'm going to exercise more, even if it's just an evening walk before the dark nights draw in. I'm going to put me first and hopefully I'll be reaping the rewards come the end of the month. I'll try and keep you updated on things via Instagram #shamelessplug, but if you don't want to follow along there, you can come back here at the beginning of November (what?!) and see how I got on!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Moving is so stressful. I'm glad you are getting settled and are feeling ready to take on the next goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, thanks Devon; I hope all is good with you xx

      Delete