Monday, 10 August 2015

decor plans (1)

Last month I shared my first home haul, full of new things I've bought for the new build house we're buying.
Today, I want to share with you our plans for the downstairs of that home.

This is the floorplan for downstairs (except ours is right-entry, not left like this):

Starting in the hallway, I want a console table over the radiator, with a large mirror above, and a wicker chest basket underneath with the hats, scarves and gloves inside. On the opposite wall, next to the door into the living room, we're planning on putting some hooks for coats above a wicker basket (the kind people keep logs inside) for storing shoes. We're having wooden flooring throughout the downstairs and a built-in welcome mat in the hallway.

In the living room, we're planning to put an armchair and side table in the bay window. A lamp will be tucked into the corner with a four-seater sofa along the back wall. We've not decided if we're having a coffee table yet or side tables. On the wall opposite the sofa, we're going to, eventually, have the TV on the wall and a built-in media centre for housing the DVDs, CDs and a few select ornaments, a bit like this from House of Rose:

I want a mild coastal theme in the living room, so am taking inspiration from Pinterest and its myriad of ideas...
1. 2. 3. 4.  

Moving into the kitchen diner, we've chosen a kitchen similar to this:

I want to keep things natural and go for wooden, slate and metal accessories: 
And, once we're allowed I want to paint the dining area wall in sage green, kinda like this:

I really wanna recreate this in the laundry room and I'm planning to keep the downstairs toilet simple and plain, reusing a mirror and shelf we already have.
So, what do you think?
I love reading posts like this and I hope you do too. 
Come back on Wednesday for a look at my plans for upstairs :)

2 comments:

  1. It's going to be beautiful!!! I can't wait to see pictures of everything once you're finally able to move in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will be beautiful, mainly because it's ours! I'm sure I'll send you pics before anyone else ;) x

      Delete