Monday, 20 July 2015

home haul

I don't know about you but I love looking around other people's homes; 
the Home Decor section of Pinterest is my happy place!

As regular readers will know, Hubs and I are currently in the process of buying a new home,
a new build house that currently looks like this:

As this house will be a blank canvas when we move in, hopefully in late September, I've been kinda overwhelmed at the prospect of decorating, hence the numerous hours spent on Pinterest and weekends spent trawling the shops. Thankfully, two months after reserving our plot and two months before we move in, my design ideas are finally becoming clear! Can I get an amen?! 

To celebrate, and in an attempt to see my ideas materialise before me, I've started buying a few bits and pieces for our new home and, as I'm beyond excited, I thought today was a perfectly good day to share some of those purchases with you, in my very first Home Haul post... :)

These alphabet hooks are the very first thing we bought for our new home from Marks & Spencer:
They cost £6 each and our intention is to mount them onto some scaffold board and place them in a corner in our hallway, above a wicker basket for shoes :) I'm super excited to see coats and scarves hanging on them, as well as (hopefully) a dog lead, and one day, children's coats.

These were my second and third purchases:
The starfish trinket holders were from TK Maxx and the poster was from a local shop, called Set. I have a mild coastal theme in mind for the living room, so while I have no plans to buy anchor ornaments or 'take me to the beach' signs, I saw these and thought they'd be a great addition, to give a simple hint of 'coastal'. As for the poster, I originally saw it around Christmas time and knew I wanted it but had no idea where it might go in our current home. Fast forward to March and we knew we'd be moving and as Set had a sale (the poster was £9.99 down from £19.99), I decided to buy it and possibly frame it in the downstairs toilet.

A Debenhams sale and an impulse buy at Asda lead to the next two:
I love the sentiment on this sign, so when it was reduced to £14 I had to buy it. As for the garden squirrel (which I can't find online, sorry)
well, he was only £6 and I'm sure I'll find a spot for him in the garden.

Next, it's these beauties from Next:
As I'm planning a grey and yellow colour scheme for our master bedroom, when I saw these hand towels and bathmat from Next, I had to have them for our en-suite. The cushion was actually a Next sale bargain (just £8 from £16) purchased on Saturday. Again, it's 'coastal' without being too in your face; I'm hoping to find the perfect armchair to put it in.

A spur of the moment trip to The Range on Friday night saw us buying these:
The £6.99 jug is earmarked for either the kitchen island or dining table; I love the ombre light grey to teal green :) The bird art is going in the second/guest bedroom, which is going to house all our current bedroom furniture and linen. The storage boxes (similar) are going to go in our master bedroom somewhere; I have no idea where but they were just too perfect to not buy, being the colours I'm planning to use. I fell in love with the light-up 'there's no place like home' sign; I had to have it, especially for just £4.99 (I can't seem to find it online). I think it'll give a cosy feel come autumn/winter and, at the moment, I can see it going on a console table in the hallway.

Also from The Range, we bought this forest lampshade for just £5.99:
Which we plan to use on the landing ceiling light. We hope, eventually (once we get the go-ahead to wallpaper), to use this Cole & Son paper going up the stairs from ground floor to first floor, kinda like this.

I don't usually shop at Tesco, but with a large store just 10 minutes away, it's worth a visit now and then:
These tea towels (1. 2.) were just £1.75 each, while the soap dispenser (which will go in the family bathroom) was also in the sale at 
just £2.

Finally, we have this cool door mat from Matalan, for just £5, which will go at the back door:

So, what do you think?
Do you love buying things for your home as much as I do?


3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see all these come together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The biggest thing we had to get used to after moving into our new house was the silence. No neighbors fighting on the left, no babies crying below us, no load music to the left, and no thunder feet above us. It took a while but now we wonder how we ever lived in such a noisy environment and actually got any sleep all those years.

    Jefferson @ T.J. Lamb Real Estate

    ReplyDelete