Friday, 17 July 2015

high five for friday

Happy Friday, peeps!
How has your week been? Mine's been pretty average; not too busy at work and lots more decluttering in the evenings.
Anyway, on with today's order of business...

1 | The highlight of the past seven days has to be seeing our new house so far along!
I know first fix hasn't started yet and internal walls are only being studded, but she feels so close to being finished; I just hope the move in date doesn't get moved back any further than it already has!

2 | I started reading this on Tuesday after my copy arrived in the post (I pre-ordered back in February)
So far, I've read six chapters and I'm enjoying it, although the reviews (esp those that labelled Atticus a 'bigot') have put me off it - I don't want my favourite ever book to be spoiled by the sequel. Have you read Go Set A Watchman yet?

3 | On Monday I tried a new recipe.
I have to say, it wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be, and while I will make it again, I can't see it becoming a staple of our weekly menu.

4 | Speaking of food, I've been eating berries and yoghurt for breakfast this week and I have to say, I'm loving it. It's a great way to get a fruit fix first thing.

5 | I'm looking forward to the weekend as Hubs and I have plans to visit another local housing development for a nosy around the show home - so much better than looking at houses on Pinterest - we're also doing some more window shopping for the new house, carpets and flooring this time though. Hopefully we'll also be able to get rid of some more stuff and get some boxes packed up :)

Have a great weekend, whatever you have planned!

6 comments:

  1. I had reserved a different book at Barnes and Noble and when I went to pick it up yesterday, the frazzled girl behind the counter was like, "It wasn't Go Set a Watchman, by any chance?" and showed me the PILES of reserved copies behind the counter. Harper Lee fever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yeah it seems LOADS of people reserved a copy :) What book was it that you reserved? x

      Delete
  2. Your house looks great, congrats! I have been wanting to read that book, but after the reviews I have been hesitant. Visiting from H54F! Hope you have a great weekend!!

    Alexis @ www.chemistrycachet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alexis! I've been hesitant too, esp after the reviews about Atticus, but I'm giving it a go! x

      Delete
  3. I am glad you posted about this book! I have been wanting to read it.

    Briana @ www.myblessedexistence.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Briana, I think it's good to make up our own minds about things, esp sequels to our favourite books :)

      Delete