Wednesday, 10 June 2015

strengths

On Monday, I shared six of my personality traits that could be considered as flaws, 
as areas in which I need to improve...

Today, in the interests of balance, I want to share with you six qualities that I consider to be my strengths,
areas in which I am thriving and need no improvement :)
I'm not blowing my own horn here, guys; I asked Hubby for some of the qualities he loves about me, so this post is a combination of those, plus things that I would like to think my family and friends think of me...

I am decisive - despite the fact that it can take me a while to make a decision on certain things (I like research, okay?!), once I've made it, that's it. Hubby likes the fact that I make our ideas and dreams for the future into reality and that I also ensure things are done my way right ;)

I'm loyal - I have very few friends, but the ones I do have, I've had for a number of years. I believe that there's a reason certain people come in and out of our lives, but I hope I make an effort with the friendships I consider valuable; I don't mean that I feel I have to put effort in, but instead that the friendships that mean the most to me are effortless. I have friends that I can go weeks without speaking to or seeing, but when I do see/speak to them, it's effortless; we catch up and the conversation flows and the bond is there as if we'd spent no time apart.

I am observant - some call it nosy, some call it inquisitive, but I'm simply observant; I notice the world around me and I think that's a good thing. I know what's going on in the world and with my loved ones, as I hope they'd know what's happening with me. I think it's ignorant not to know what's happening in the wider world because you never know when certain issues will become your problem; I love the poem 'First they came' for explaining why it's vital to know about and be supportive of your fellow man.

I'm generous - be it my time, my food, or my thoughts, I'm happy to share; in the past I've lent people I've only just met money, I've bought friends dinner and I've put great thought into gifts for loved ones. Hubs says that I'm loving, but I hope think a more accurate description of this aspect of my personality is generous.

I am responsible - I've always been described as an old soul, and I think being responsible, and an older sister, is a big part of this; I rarely break the rules and 90 percent of the time I'm super organised. When it comes to work and my professional side, I'd also like to think I'm hard-working, meticulous and conscientious.

I'm empathetic - when bad things happen to friends, family, loved ones, I imagine how I'd feel in that situation; I think about what I would want or what I would need and then I try to give it to them, be it space, a shoulder to cry on, or simply acknowledging that the situation sucks. Sometimes all we need is for our feelings to be validated!

Which personality traits would you describe as your strengths?

2 comments:

  1. I love that you did this post! Maybe I'll make us even on the "borrowing post ideas" scale and do one of my own ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! I'm totally up for us 'sharing' posts :) x

      Delete