Friday, 26 June 2015

high five for fri-yay

Happy Friday guys!
It's been a great week but another with only two visits to this corner of blogland *slaps own wrist*
I know I must try harder, so I'm planning to write and schedule a few posts for Wednesdays this weekend as I seem
 to be having a real issue with blogging on the dreaded hump day!

Anyway, we all know why we're here today...

1 |  I guess the biggest and bestest news of the week is being picked as the High Five For Friday Featured Blogger :) Hi and Hello to all the new visitors stopping by from the link up and massive thanks to Tif, Katie, Caitlin and Della for picking me; I love taking part in this link up and I promise to spend some time this weekend checking out all this week's bloggers :)

2 | We took my parents to see our new house and the development that it's on last Saturday and, thankfully, they loved it as much as we do. My mum in particular is super excited for us!
Look how pretty she (our house) looks with windows and doors fitted :)

3 | One of Tom's besties became a father for the first time this week :) I'm hoping for baby snuggles next weekend! #welcometotheworldMax

4 | We went out for a meal on Wednesday night and it was A-MAZE-ING! Seriously I cannot praise it enough; see for yourselves...

5 | The decluttering has officially begun! I cannot tell you how happy it's making me. We have a handful of things on Ebay and last night we gave away some old bedsheets and an old duvet we had to someone via my local Freecycle Facebook group. We have a trip to the recycle point this weekend, as well as the local Cash for Clothes, so we will have got rid of even more stuff. Decluttering is currently my happy place!
Have a good one!

10 comments:

  1. I love decluttering too! It just feels so good getting rid of things. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it; thanks for stopping by, Lindsey!

      Delete
  2. I'm in declutter mode too, and it's the best! I seriously feel lighter afterward, as if I've been secretly lugging around all the things I'm now donating, haha. Congrats on being the featured blogger! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cathartic isn't it, Jess! Good luck with your decluttering and thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on being the feature blogger! I have being following your blog for a few months, now. Your house is coming along! I am working to become a minimalist and I post about it. It feels so good every time we get rid of something! I am glad you are enjoying your decluttering experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! I'll check out your blog when I get five this week; I need all the tips I can get when it comes to decluttering :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Friday! Stopping by from H54F. :) Congrats on the new house!! How exciting! Your dinner looked absolutely delicious!! I think I may need a snack now. ;) Wishing you a lovely upcoming weekend! xo - Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Brenda; I hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on being the featured blogger this week! How exciting to be moving into a new home - looks like it will be so lovely! And that meal...yeah I might have drooled a little on my keyboard. :) That steak and fries plate looked amazing. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Whitney! I hope you got a meal as good as this one this past weekend :)

      Delete