Monday, 1 June 2015

Focus: month five

Happy first day of June and first meteorological day of summer!
Can you believe we're into the sixth month of 2015 already? I can't! This year is flying by; it'll be Christmas before we know it!

Regular readers will know that at the beginning of 2015, I decided to give myself one word for the year: focus, instead of making a New Year's Resolution. Each month, I've been picking a different aspect of my life to focus on (Jan. Feb. March. April.) and for May I decided it was time to declutter.

Sadly, I made this decision when we had accepted an offer on our house and I thought I could get messy in order to get organised and declutter. Unfortunately, as you may or may not know, the buyers couldn't get a mortgage so the sale fell through; so instead of relishing the chance to declutter and get rid of some crap, I've had to keep my house tidy instead as hoards of potential buyers have viewed our home. 

We still do not have an acceptable offer on our home, so all month, all I have decluttered is one drawer...
One measly drawer :(

Without an acceptable offer for a sale on our home, I can't see June being my decluttering month either! It sucks, because I'm itching to declutter the entire house!

Not being able to concentrate on a focus goal this past month due to things outside of my control has made me realise that I should be focusing on things I can control so for June I'm going to focus on me; my health, my well-being and my sanity. I'm going to spend time doing things I enjoy; I'm going to read, watch Supernatural and spend time with the people I love. I'm going to focus on what I can control and aim to let the things I can't go, because it's not healthy for me, nor my relationships with others.

Fingers crossed!
And fingers crossed for a bloody sale on this god-damn-house!

No comments:

Post a Comment