Monday, 25 May 2015

Weekend Recap

I love a three-day weekend; they're automatically better than standard two-day weekends!

On Saturday we were supposed to have a house viewing at 11am; 11:20am and they still weren't here. I called the estate agents and the man on the other end of the phone said he'd look into it but I knew they weren't coming. Promise me something guys, if you book an appointment to visit a house, go to it, or cancel it if you can; don't leave the home-owners wondering why you no longer want to look around the house they've called home for any number of years.

So, in an effort to cure my disappointment I hit up a local vintage fair hoping to find some great bits for our new home; I was, once again, sorely disappointed! The stallholders sold mostly clothes and jewellery and seeing as that's not what I'm in the market for, it felt like a wasted half hour - yep, I only managed to wander around for 30 minutes because I couldn't fake interest any longer! 

I did however decide to take a wander around all the shops in the town centre I could think of that sold home-related stuffs... and what did I come away with? I new top and a new dress, which were both on sale I might add!

Knackered from all that shopping, I got home and immediately took a nap, which was pretty epic! I never get the chance to take naps any more so this was truly magical! I followed it with a spot of food shopping, a delicious dinner and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix #perfectSaturdaynight

Sunday began in the very best way, with a lay in and a naughty breakfast.

And ended with freshly painted nails, a full belly and quality time spent with family.

With an extra day off work, we took advantage with another lay in on Monday morning, followed by the opportunity to get things done that usually don't... Hubs sprayed the weeds in the garden, while I got busy in the kitchen preparing this evening's tea and cooking up a few meals to put in the freezer for those days when I can't be bothered to cook.
I also took the time to search for some new meals to try and to do an online food shop, which will be delivered next weekend.

As I write this, we have plans to hit the gym this evening, followed by a delicious dinner and an early night ready for work again tomorrow!

How was your long weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment