Monday, 11 May 2015

My weekend

One Sunday evening in January 2006, I turned on ITV and fell in love. I fell in love with two brothers who were looking for their father; he'd gone on a hunting trip and hadn't been home for a few days. This was the second time in approximately three months I'd fallen in love. The first time happened unexpectedly and all at once with the man who is now my husband; this second time was just as instantaneous...

This past weekend, I got to meet the actors who play these brothers. I also got to meet the man who played their father. You see, this little show that could, is still going. For over ten years, these two men, plus hundreds of crew members, and writers and producers have been making a show called Supernatural, which I've mentioned one or two times on this blog before. 

I know not many of you watch Supernatural, so I know you don't really care who these people are. I even debated not blogging about the weekend as I have done before, because, well, it's not all that interesting to people who don't watch the show. However, I read this post by the beautiful and hugely talented Charlotte last night in bed and it brought me to tears, and I realised, I don't care if you don't want to read about my weekend. I want to blog about it. I want to blog about meeting two people who have been a part of my life almost as long as the man I have chosen to spend the rest of my life with and grow old with. 

I have blogged much less frequently this year than I have for the past two and I think that's because I was starting to question this whole blogging thing; why do we read the thoughts and feelings of complete strangers? Why do these strangers put so much of their lives online? And I realised, it's not for others; it's for them. I want to remember the happy times, the sad times; I want to revel in the normality of other people's lives and I want the people who do stop by my little corner of the internet to know that I'm living my life; I'm having fun, I'm experiencing things and I'm ticking things off my bucket list! Because that is what life is all about!


This past weekend was everything I hoped for and more. Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles, and their fellow cast members, were gracious, giving and couldn't be happier to be totally surrounded by two and a half thousand fan girls, and boys, in a hotel in Birmingham. It was different to my previous two weekends to Supernatural conventions (here and here) but it wasn't worse, or better, just different, but still bags of fun. I made new friends, spoke to fellow fans and have memories that will last a lifetime, and that is totally worth blogging about!

How'd you spend your weekend?

4 comments:

  1. I love that you wrote about it because it matters to you. I'm glad you did. When all is said and done, our memories are all we have left. :) You look so chuffed! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlotte; I was beyond chuffed! I'm defo adopting the mantra 'write for me' on my blog from here on out; like you say, our memories are all we have! x

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you finally got to meet your boys! And you should always blog about the stuff that you love, it's what makes you who you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely; it was pretty overwhelming but glad to have ticked it off my bucket list :) xx

      Delete