Thursday, 12 March 2015

A Happy House

Avid readers of this little blog of mine will know that hubby and I are currently in the process of buying a new home. It's a new build, so I'm eager to ensure I put heart and soul into the house as I know a common complaint of new build houses is that they lack character and soul.
 
I'm bursting with decorating ideas for the new house (I've even created a new board specifically for the new house) and because I'm kind I like nosing at what plans others have for their lives homes, I thought I'd share some of my initial ideas with you #yourewelcome (oh and FYI, Pinterest is my bestie)...


I had this pinned before we knew we were moving. It's such a cute idea for the hallway, esp as most of our coats and 
shoes would be kept in Harry's bedroom the under-the-stairs cupboard, which is in the living room. 

I love this for the laundry room. 
  

I think this TV wall is a great way of creating storage,  
as well as a feature to give the living area some character.

 

However, I also have ideas that don't involve Pinterest...

  
This is an example of how our kitchen/diner could look...
There is much less worktop space than I'm used to in this layout so against the far right wall ^
we wanna put an Ikea kitchen island and we've seen this one...
 STENSTORP kitchen island, Ikea, £200

We've also seen these stools that'll work really well on the breakfast bar area of said Ikea kitchen island :)
 INGOLF bar stool with backrest, Ikea, £45 each

 We want two chairs like this in the big bay window :)
 
I'm also loving 'coastal' colours for the downstairs living areas, which are pretty much open-plan...
Outside, I'd love to do something with railway sleepers to create raised beds

And how useful would this be for washing muddy boots, dogs and kids?!

As you can see, the ideas are flowing :)

1 comment:

  1. That's great to hear. In fact, that's just about perfect. What better way to greet the year than the promise of that purchase, and settling into a new place. I'm sure you will have a lot of stories in store for us from this point. I hope you have settled all your dues, such as for the mortgage, or are at least on schedule for the payments. Congratulations, Laura! All the best!

    Tasha Reeves @ West Coast Mortgage Group

    ReplyDelete