Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Tea Talk v.1

If you came round to my house today, I would offer you a cuppa tea, coffee or a hot chocolate to warm your chilly bones;
I'd ask you about how your life and listen intently as you told me everything that's happening with you and when
you asked me about mine, I'd tell you...
  • Hubs and I have decided to go new; we've found a development of homes we like close to where his family live and we're looking into the figures, to see if we can really turn this dream into a reality. We decided on new over old because we want children, not necessarily soon, but within the next five years, and we agreed that we don't want to be doing up a home with a newborn around, nor do we want demolition work with toddlers. So, for us, it makes sense to buy new. The house and everything inside will be guaranteed for the next ten years, giving us time to have children and get through the terrible twos and tantrum threes and beyond before lifting a finger - well, that's the hope anyway! 

  • Because homes and moving house are on my mind, I'm scouring Pinterest like a fiend, looking for ideas and inspiration for our new home. I can't help it; hubby has asked me to 'not move in', seeing as we don't yet own said new home, but I'm trying to picture us living there to see if it really is our future.

  • I feel like all the signs are telling us that now is the time to move and that this housing development is where we should be. When we got home from work last night, there were three letters bills for me and two business cards on the door mat. One business card was for a taxi company and the other was from a local estate agent 'Thinking of selling? Demand in this area is high. Call us today.' #fate

  • Before we can put our current home on the market and sell up, we need to de-clutter and de-personalise. We're cracking on with the DIY (I'll share a photo of the ceiling on Friday), but there are still areas that need clearing. It's amazing to me that two people can over fill a three bedroomed home in just seven years!

  • Because we're planning to move house this year, we're not planning a holiday :( Are you headed anywhere nice this summer? Tell me so I can live vicariously through you!

  • Have you got any good 30th birthday present ideas you can share with me? My bestie turns 30 two weeks today and I have no clue what to get her :( #help She is a reformed shopaholic, so she could buy anything she really wanted, so I have no idea where to start to look for ideas!


  • It's pancake day today but due to my February Focus goals I won't be indulging, which makes me a bit sad!

So, what's been happening with you lately? Let's chat!


3 comments:

  1. Ooh that all sounds exciting. Can't wait to hear about this new development on Friday! I feel your pain with the decluttering, good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you guys and your new adventure! It's kinda hard once you make the decision to just wait until it comes to fruition, isn't it? At least, in the meantime, there's Pinterest. I'm addicted as well. And I get especially into it when I'm panning something new. I really like the pictures you pinned with the patterned wallpaper. Fun and different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Pinterest is both an angel and the devil; it gives you so many fantastic ideas but you can lose hours and hours! Our new adventure is exciting and scary at the same time, but no where near as scary and exciting as the Sprout adventure :) xx

      Delete