Wednesday, 4 February 2015

February Focus

On Monday, I recapped how I got on with my goal for January, but now that it's 4th February,
I thought it was time I shared with you my goal for the shortest month of the year...

Eat Better

Sounds simple, right. Hopefully it will be. Since Christmas, I've been eating whatever I feel like, whenever I feel like and instead of stopping once Christmas was over, I continued and it's not doing me any good. So, from Monday I've been making a conscious effort to choose healthier options. I've always made pretty good choices when it comes to dinners, but there were a couple of instances in January when I couldn't be bothered to cook, so we got a takeaway.

Takeaways are now banned, until at least the end of March.

Lunches, too, haven't been the best. I usually make my own lunch and take it in to work because it saves a fortune and is generally healthier. Like with dinners, I found myself buying more than my fair share of lunches and that has to stop, so again, lunchtime purchases are banned. I'd love to get to the end of March, but I think it's more realistic to ban them until the end of February. 

As well as banning bought-lunches and takeaways, I'm also going to try to cut down on my sugar and fat intake; this means more fruit and vegetables, less cheese, more wholemeal, less chocolate, and more unprocessed foods, less cheese (I eat too much cheese)!

In order to find some delicious but healthy/clean recipes, I've been scouring Pinterest the internet and have come across these great recipes that I'm going to try...

As well as eating better, I've started taking two supplements: multivitamins with iron and (gelatine-free) cod liver oil. It's only been three days so I can't say if it's made a difference yet but I'll be sure to update you at the end of the month.

Do you have any favourite healthy recipes or blogs?
Got any other tips for me and my new healthy eating plan?


No comments:

Post a Comment