Monday, 5 January 2015

Looking forward...

Happy Monday and Happy New Year, guys.
This is my first post of 2015, because, well, 2015 began and I was enjoying my break; my break from work, from this blog, from reality really. I wanted to just relax and enjoy the final few days of my Christmas break with the people I love. And so, I did just that!

However, today is my first day back at work. I've enjoyed 12 glorious days off work but as of 9am I was back in the office, catching up with friends and colleagues, trying to delay the inevitable just a little longer. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but I love being at home and spending time with loved ones more (who doesn't?!).

I haven't blogged much over the last two weeks, because I needed a break. I deserved a break. Truth be told, I didn't know if I wanted to keep blogging. I didn't remember why I'd started in the first place. Not many people really stop by to read what I write on this blog and that was disheartening.

However, I don't write for other people, I write for myself. So, for now at least, I'm here and I'm going to continue blogging whenever the need to write or share some photos takes me. I might not post as often as I did last year but I'm going to aim for three posts a week.

There are other things I want to focus on and achieve in 2015, rather than my blog stats.

On New year's Day, I went for a cobweb blowing walk with my parents, and my dad asked what my goals were for 2015, and unsurprisingly to those that know me, I knew straight away. "I want a new job and to move house" I said. And, I do want those things, but you know something; I'm not going to tear myself up into knots if they don't happen. Yes I am going to do all that I can to make these dreams reality, but if they don't, well then 2015 wasn't meant to be the year I got a new job and a new house.

I've always believed in fate and that things happen for a reason and the past couple of years my faith in this manta has be solidified; every single thing that happens to you happens when it is supposed to, whether good or bad, it happens for a reason, and while you may not know the reason right this minute, you'll find out eventually and you'll know that those experiences shaped who you have become.

I'm looking forward to seeing what 2015 has in store for me and how it's going to shape my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment