Wednesday, 30 April 2014
Monday, 28 April 2014
- I can't follow an odd-number of people on social media, particularly on Twitter.
- When washing dishes, I have to wash things in a particular order: glasses, cups, cutlery, bowls, plates, saucepans then baking trays.
- If they're not being used, appliances cannot be plugged in at the mains and switched on.
- Even on the hottest nights, I have to be covered when in bed. I cannot not be covered if I have any hope of getting some sleep.
- I HATE it when British people use American spellings, especially replacing an S with a Z!!
- Thanks to my buddy and fellow book-lover, Sarah, I can no longer fold the corner of books to mark my page - I'm a bookmark girl these days!
- I can't stand ticking clocks, or watches that make a noise
as the seconds of my life tick on by. Hubby has his late-grandfather's watch. It ticks. He can't hear it; I can. He has to put it in a drawer at night so I can sleep, because we all know that a sleep-deprived Laura is a totalbitch!
- Since moving in with Hubby and finding out that one of his pet peeves was unused pens with their lids off laying around the house, I can't leave a pen with its lid off!
- The volume on my TV or car stereo has to be on an even number, unless it's on 5 or 15 or 25. Odd numbers are bad except for the number 5, which I like more than the number 6.
- I eat with my knife in my left-hand (not so much as an idiosyncrasy than something that makes me different from the rest of my family).
Friday, 25 April 2014
Thursday, 24 April 2014
Tuesday, 22 April 2014
Saturday saw us painting the walls...
...and a walk with gorgeous girl Izzy
Here are the before and after photos (so far)...
During all the chaos...
Obviously, neither room is finished yet, but our bedroom looks so much brighter and I'm certain that the study will look bigger and brighter once it's done and styled. I'm sure once these rooms are done,
I'll post about it, so
if you're interested keep your eyes peeled :)