Friday, 19 December 2014

High Five for Friday

Happy Friday, peeps! 
Can you believe that it's less than seven days until Christmas Day?! Where the hell has this year gone; seriously,
it has absolutely flown by and I can't wrap my head around the fact that 2015 arrives in 12 days! #craycray
This may even be my last High Five for Friday for 2014! Anywho, here are my highlights from the past week...

1 | Sunday I paid a visit to the Big Smoke with my mum and auntie, where we spent three hours at the Elvis at The O2
exhibit which opened last Friday.
My mum and her sister are HUGE Elvis fans so they were in their element, while I just tagged along to find out more about The King. I'd highly recommend the exhibit to anyone with a slight interest in Elvis and his life and career.

After some food, we hit up Winter Wonderland, which was absolutely packed, so we managed about half an hour before the sardine feeling became too much and we decided to venture onto Oxford Street instead to look at the lights.
All in all, I had a great Sunday in London but man, it knocked me out and now I think I've got a bit of a cold from being so run down :(

2 | As I've not really been up for doing much this week, I've watched three Christmas movies in the past seven days:
It's A Wonderful Life, The Holiday and Love Actually.

3 | I've finished my Christmas shopping and all my gifts are wrapped #yay

4 | I treated myself to some new jewellery, some Soap and Glory goodies and a new clutch bag on Wednesday.
I know, I shouldn't be buying things for myself so close to Christmas, but the Soap and Glory goodies were on a fantastic offer (half price - 10 items for the usual price of three #thankyouBoots) and the clutch bag, which was also in the sale, is for a wedding Hubs and I are going to on the 28th.

5 | I found out this week that work finishes at 5pm on Tuesday 23rd, which means for the third year running I have Christmas Eve off work #yayagain This means hubs and I can spend the day together doing whatever we like :) #bliss
 photo H54Fbutton_zps973d26e1.png
Have a fantastic weekend!

2 comments:

  1. that Christmas tree looks fantastic! I love city displays like that, they are so magical :)

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was very pretty but there were SO MANY PEOPLE at Winter Wonderland; I would never recommend going on a weekend evening ever again! I went in 2013 on a Monday afternoon and it was so much better, well worth taking the day off work to go during the week! x

      Delete