Thursday, 4 December 2014

Festive film fun

There's few things better than curling up cosy on your sofa with the one you love and watching a good movie, 
and with the bad weather of winter and the delicious food of the festive season, Christmas really is THE best 
time of year for snuggling on the sofa with a good book film.

With just 20 days left to go until the big day, I'm sure many of you have already started watching your favourite 
Christmas films, so today I thought I'd share my favourite five with you...

Home Alone
[x]
Kevin (Macaulay Culkin) is an eight-year-old boy who is accidentally left at home when his family goes on holiday 
for Christmas, but while he is home alone, two idiotic burglars take a fancy to his home. This movie is hilarious 
and still makes me laugh even though I have seen it 999,999 times!

It's A Wonderful Life
[x]
Who wouldn't love a story about a frustrated businessman (James Stewart) being shown what life would be like 
for his loved ones if he was never born by a loveable angel (Henry Travers).

Love Actually
[x]
This film has its critics but I am not one of them. I really enjoy watching these eight families/couples in the run up 
to Christmas and Bill Nightly's character is just brilliant. The line "Don't do drugs kids. .. become a post star and 
they give you them for free." is and will always be my favourite line - it makes me laugh every. single. time!

The Muppet Christmas Carol
[x]
Who doesn't love this twist on a classic story and Michael Cain is such a good Scrooge! 

How The Grinch Stole Christmas
[x]
While I'm not normally a fan of Jim Carey, I do enjoy this film because I enjoyed the book as a child. 

(I'm also pretty participial to The Polar Express, The Holiday and Elf)

What are your five favourite Christmas films?

1 comment: