Initially I was going to share with you today five books that I think everyone should read but I'm actually feeling rather overwhelmed with all the books on my 'to read' list at the moment so I figured I'd share those with you instead...
2. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart - a library book I have on loan that's due back on Tuesday 16th September, but I've not started yet and I cannot renew because it has a reservation on it :(
3. Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks - again, I've borrowed this from the library and it's due back on the 16th but it has a reservation on it so I cannot renew it and I've not read a single word!
4. One Day by David Nicholls - borrowed from a friend
5. Belgariad 1: Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings - again this is borrowed from my local library but as it doesn't have a reservation on it, I can happily renew this book for three more weeks :)
6. To Kill A Mocking Bird by Harper Lee - I've been wanting to re-read my favourite book since December but life always seems to get in the way; I started re-reading this book the other night but it seems as if my plans will have to be put on hold as I can read this any time I like and I have so many other books to read before this.
These six don't even cover the copious number of books that I have bought but haven't started reading yet! That list is a whole other blog post in itself!!
I was talking to Kelly the other night and we were talking about all the books we want to read and I said that I actually feel like I'm back at university with all the 'reading' I have to do. However, I have since realised that I don't HAVE to read any of them. Choosing to pick up a book should be fun, it shouldn't be stressful. So I've decided that I'm just going to read what I can read and screw everything else! I want reading to feel fun again, and not like something I HAVE to do!