Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Things I love, and things I hate, about August

The last month of summer, August brings with it mixed emotions. I'm sad because summer is almost over and I know the British wintery weather will be here in the blink of an eye, but I'm happy because it means temperatures are cooling and autumn (my favourite season) is on the horizon. I just wish autumn was longer!

The nights start to draw in, which is the true signal that summer is almost over and you can't open windows or doors on hot days because everyone and his wife are having smoky barbecues!

The end of August brings with it a Bank Holiday (yay!) however, it's the last before Christmas, boo!

Personally, August is a blank month for me; no holidays, no birthdays, no special events whatsoever, 
so it can kinda drag :( 

August's arrival also means Hubby is off camping for a week with the Scouts (he's a leader; I'm no cradle-snatcher)
so I'm all on my lonesome for seven days while he's off looking after other people's children having fun!

August means it's also two more months before Supernatural returns!

Happy Hump Day, peeps!
post signature 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment