- I can't follow an odd-number of people on social media, particularly on Twitter.
- When washing dishes, I have to wash things in a particular order: glasses, cups, cutlery, bowls, plates, saucepans then baking trays.
- If they're not being used, appliances cannot be plugged in at the mains and switched on.
- Even on the hottest nights, I have to be covered when in bed. I cannot not be covered if I have any hope of getting some sleep.
- I HATE it when British people use American spellings, especially replacing an S with a Z!!
- Thanks to my buddy and fellow book-lover, Sarah, I can no longer fold the corner of books to mark my page - I'm a bookmark girl these days!
- I can't stand ticking clocks, or watches that make a noise
as the seconds of my life tick on by. Hubby has his late-grandfather's watch. It ticks. He can't hear it; I can. He has to put it in a drawer at night so I can sleep, because we all know that a sleep-deprived Laura is a totalbitch!
- Since moving in with Hubby and finding out that one of his pet peeves was unused pens with their lids off laying around the house, I can't leave a pen with its lid off!
- The volume on my TV or car stereo has to be on an even number, unless it's on 5 or 15 or 25. Odd numbers are bad except for the number 5, which I like more than the number 6.
- I eat with my knife in my left-hand (not so much as an idiosyncrasy than something that makes me different from the rest of my family).