Friday, 7 March 2014

Word Vomit Friday

Happy Friday, blogland.

I've had a bit of an odd week. I've been steadily occupied at work, a focus on eating healthy food has come from nowhere and I've started to feel the fog of winter lifting (spring is just around the corner), but all the while this week I've been craving the warmth of a holiday. Friends, family and even fellow bloggers are all talking about booking a holiday, taking a holiday or the enjoyment they had recently whilst on holiday and I've never craved anything more. As well as the talk of holidays being everywhere, Hubby and I have decided that we are going to take a holiday this year - we've not had an abroad break since our honeymoon to Australia in 2010/11. We're planning to visit a city we've already been to twice. A Spanish city that changed our hearts and owns part of our souls. We're heading to Barcelona. Whilst we don't have anything booked as yet, we're saving the pennies (look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves, as they say) and researching all the best places to visit to make this holiday one of our best yet. I just wish it wasn't approximately 18 weeks from now :(

Last Sunday, it was the Oscars. Whilst I didn't watch the show, nor really pay too much attention to who won what, I did find this on Buzzfeed which made me laugh. Without making a big deal about it, Buzzfeed actually made a damn good point about the insane questions female actors get asked on the red carpet, whilst the male actors get asked serious questions about their film, their craft etc. #feminism

On another Oscars-related note; how cool was it that the delivery guy who delivered pizzas to 
Hollywood's A-list at the Oscars got a $1000 tip! That's one to tell the grandkids!

I hear the weather people are predicting a lovely warm weekend here in Britain and I for one cannot wait. As I'm writing this (in my lunch hour) the sun is shining and I even have one of the office windows open. If the weather is good this weekend, I hope I can get out and about and practice some more with my dSLR.

I don't actually have anything else to share with you guys today; the sunshine and the warmth it's providing  is distracting me and making me wish it was 5pm already :( So instead I'll share this photo...
Taken just now, from my office window!
It's a little different from the one I took this morning on the drive into work...
Have a great weekend, bitches!
post signature 

No comments:

Post a Comment