Wednesday, 19 March 2014

What's in my handbag?

I'm always intrigued to see what other women carry with them in their handbags 
and I always wonder why some people don't clean their bags out, sometimes for months,
carrying around old receipts, used tissues and empty wrappers. I'm not like that;
I don't see the point in carrying around stuff I don't need. #OCDmuch?

Anyway, today I thought I'd share with you the random and practical
things that can be found in my handbag...


1. Notebook & pens
You never know when inspiration might strike!

2. Purse
Although there is rarely any actual cash inside.

3. Book
I don't read during my commute to work, but I do like to read a chapter or two
on my lunch break so it's always handy to have my current book with me.
'Divergent' is actually March's book of choice in Bonnie's Book Club.

4. Mobile phone
As if I need to explain why this is in my handbag.

5. Hand cream, hand sanitiser & ibuprofen
No matter which hand wash I use, I always need to use hand cream after washing
my hands; I carry hand sanitiser just in case and ibuprofen in case a headache strikes!

6. Lip gloss &Vaseline
Vaseline is great for protecting your lips from the wind (which can be biting in the winter)
and I'm not even really sure why I carry lip gloss as I don't use it that often!

7. Hairbrush & bobble
These handbag hairbrushes have saved my life on numerous occasions.

8. USB card reader & spare SD card
I actually do lots of photo editing etc during my lunch on my work computer
so these tend to live in my handbag so I have them when I need them.

9. Chewing gum
For those occasions when I've eaten something smelly :)

10. Keys (home & work)
I have been known to be the last one to leave work (seriously!) so I was given
a set of keys so that no-one has to wait for me :)

Not pictured: 'ladies' things, plasters, tissues & optical lens wipes.

Most of these 'essentials' are housed inside my handbag in this:
I bought this 'handbag organiser' from eBay for just £6 after seeing something similar on Pinterest.
I love it; it makes finding those small items we all scour around the bottom of our bag trying to find,
easier to locate whenever I need them. I would highly recommend it to anyone - just search eBay,
or head to your local Primark where I hear they're selling something similar for £3.

I have to thank Hubby for helping me take these photos...
He's so cute!

What essentials do you carry in your handbag?
post signature 
  If you enjoyed this post, please share it via your preferred social media, thanks! 

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how organised you are. My handbag is at least 75% full of old receipts and general crap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, you know I'm organised! Why would my handbag be any different?! :)

      Delete