Monday, 3 February 2014

Things I hate, about February


With only 28 days (29 every fourth year, in case you didn't know), February is the shortest month
in the calendar and boy does it fly by. The month goes by so quickly and before I've even
realised it's time to write ??-02-14 when writing the date, it's already March!

I know some people love it, but I've never been a fan of Valentine's Day. In fact,
in 2012, as part of my 'A Photo A Day' blog series , I wrote"romance should be spontaneous 
and heartfelt, not something dictated by card companies and chocolate retailers looking 
for love-struck fools who'll happily part with their cash in the name of love!"
Valentine's Day is  too commercial and fake for my liking. I really do not see the need for a
special 'day' each year when you get to show the one you love just how much you love them
 - surely that should be a daily occurrence?! Luckily, Hubby is just as against this retched day as
I am so we rarely do more than buy cards for one another, and we didn't even do that last year!

For food lovers everywhere, February is usually a great month thanks to Pancake Day 
(or Shrove Tuesday to give it its Sunday name); however, this year, Pancake Day actually takes place
on March 4th! I almost always indulge in a pancake or two, despite never taking part in Lent - no 
way are you getting me giving up anything for a month! But for 2014, I have to wait even longer
to get my pancake fix :(

Why is F-E-B-R-U-A-R-Y so hard to spell?!

So, as it turns out, there's not too many major things to hate about this month. 
Come back on Wednesday and see if I can find more things to love about February!
post signature
If you enjoyed this post, please pin or share via your preferred social media. 

2 comments:

  1. I have to correct it every time I write it! Why is it so hard to spell for real? Valentines day for us is staying in and making a great meal together and we shut off all of our phones it is beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love should be spontaneous (: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete