Friday, 24 January 2014

Word Vomit Friday

Happy Friday, everyone!
Brrrrr! The week started off cold didn't it? 
On my way into work on Tuesday, I stopped off at the park near my house and took some photos
of the gorgeous frost that had covered the ground and brought temperatures down. Although, I was
bloody cold, it was worth it because I think I got some crackers and I managed to go
FULLY MANUAL for the first time with my Nikon :) that's a proud smiley btw!

Well, what an eventful few weeks it has been for Justin Bieber. Have you seen his mug shot?
Dude thinks he's posing for a teen mag, not being photographed (and charged) for a very serious crime.
I did notice that on Twitter last night 'drinking under the influence' was trending - do the Beliebers
really think that's what DUI stands for?! My opinion on the whole situation: although I don't like his
music, or him from what I have seen, it seems as if he has let fame go to his head - as many child
stars do - and he has surrounded himself with the wrong people, hangers on, who say 'yes' to
everything and anything he asks them to do, like take the rap for the cocaine found in his house. It's a
shame really, for him as a human, so I hope he gets help and finds an alternative career for the 
sake of humanity!

Wednesday marked six sad years since my beloved Heath Ledger passed away.
Can you believe that it's already been six years?! I still remember so clearly where I was when I
found out: it was a Tuesday evening and I was ironing, so I decided to put BBC News on for
background noise and it was their lead story. I had to stop what I was doing and sit down. Hubby
came home, from footie, not long after and as he walked through the door, cheerfully announcing
'Honey, I'm home!' I turned to him and said 'Heath Ledger had died' and I burst into tears. I was
so sad for about a week; in fact, this year is about the first year I haven't teared up at the mention
of his passing. #RIPHeath #GoneTooSoon

*on to happier things*

I came across this on Wednesday. Some of these photos are cute,
some scary and some are just downright terrifying!

It's Hubby's birthday this weekend! His pressies are wrapped, his card written and the
takeaway menu sorted - we're looking forward to a relaxing and peaceful weekend. The
craziness comes next weekend, when we're off out for a 'few' drinks with his friends :)

I hope you've had a great week and have an even better weekend planned.
post signature

2 comments:

  1. That's an awesome photo!

    I can't believe it's been six years since Heath died, that has gone so quick.

    Happy birthday to Tom! Hope you guys have a fun day. x

    ReplyDelete