Friday, 17 January 2014

Word Vomit Friday

Happy Friday bitches!
Again, this photo has absolutely nothing to do with the post :)
I hope you've had an awesome week. Mine's been pretty good as weeks go, apart from a niggling pain
in my left knee - that probably means I should avoid the gym for the next month, right, to let it heal?! Joking!

I wanna start off on a serious note today, inspired by the beautiful Bonnie over at The Life of Bon. On
 Wednesday, she blogged about what she had learnt from the same-sex marriage debate in America. Now,
let me say straight off the bat, I am whole-heartedly, 100% in favour of same-sex marriage. To me, love
is love, but Bonnie's post got me thinking about how it must be difficult to balance up what you believe to
be right and how your religion defines marriage. I am not religious but I am married to a man who was
raised Catholic. We married in a civil ceremony, mainly at my request - I didn't want to swear in front
of a figure I do not believe in to love Hubby for the rest of my life, it felt hypocritical, so a civil ceremony
it was (and it was a beautiful ceremony). I believe that everyone has the right to marry whomever they
choose and unlike in America, here in England, when the Marriage Act officially becomes law in March,
the Church of England and the Church of Wales are legally exempt from carrying out same-sex marriage
ceremonies. You can read more about same-sex marriage in England and Wales here. For me, Bonnie's
post reinforced one thing that we all seem to forget amongst the passion of fighting for our cause;
whichever side of the debate you stand on, be respectful. In my opinion, you don't have to believe in God
or live your life according to a pre-set doctrine to be kind, compassionate and respectful to others - to me,
living your life this way is just being a decent human being; it's got nothing to do with God or religion. I do
not practice any religion, but I whole-heartedly support the rights of others to do so, just don't try and make me
believe what you believe and we'll get on just fine, just as I support the rights of others to love whomever they
choose. Macklemore said it right: "No freedom till we're equal, damn right I support it!"

*Steps down off the soap box*

There was some sad news announced yesterday - Roger Lloyd-Pack, who played Trigger in Only Fools
and Horses from 1981 until 1991 (he also starred in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) passed away
on Wednesday night, aged just 69. I always found him hilarious as hapless Trigger (#AlrightDave) and he also
made me laugh in The Vicar of Dibley as Owen. You can see him in some of Trigger's best scenes here.

What? Seriously?! This MUST be a joke!

How hot are these boys men?
For anyone who doesn't know, this is Jared Padalecki and 
Jensen Ackles (stars of my beloved Supernatural) dressed for
The Critics Choice Awards 2014 last night
 #HOTDAMN

I guess because I've been so enthralled in my book (The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty),
I've not been paying as much attention to the news as usual, so I have very little to talk about today.
I shall aim to rectify the situation for next week #soz

Have a great weekend!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment