Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Well, hello there 2014...

Happy New Year, readers!
How are we all feeling this morning? Are you hanging a bit? 
I'm not because I was the Designated Driver last night, so I'm feeling as fresh as a daisy
not to rub it in or anything :)

The start of a new year always inspires people to make changes in their lives that they've been putting off.

I'm not going to do that.

I'm not going to do that because I made two resolutions at the end of October,
just before my 29th birthday, two resolutions that I intend to keep going.

The first was to get fit and healthy. Obviously, due to Christmas, I've been very slack
with this over the last month :( However, I plan to get back to eating cleaner and exercising
regularly. I've banned a whole heap of things from the house for January (including fizzy pop,
cheese and pizza - I have no idea how I'm going to cope) and once everyone else gives up on their
fitness/health goals by the end of January, I'm gonna up my gym visits to twice a week for February,
then up to three times in March and maybe even four times by April, but let's not get ahead of ourselves!

Secondly, I said I was going to do something everyday, achieve something
so that when I went to bed, I could say "I did this/that today". Because I had a list
as long as my arm, as I'm sure many of you did, to get ready for Christmas, I've been
pretty good at keeping up with this one and I want to continue into 2014.

Obviously, I will also make the same resolution I always make - to drink more water!
I don't drink anywhere near enough and so every year I tell myself that this will be the year
I up my daily water intake and every year I fail! I think there are just some things we have
to accept in life, and the fact that I don't drink enough, and therefore will end up
with kidney stones when I'm older, is just one of them :(

What resolutions are you going to make this year? 
Do you believe that New Year's Resolutions actually work?
post signature
By the way, today is also the two year anniversary of this blog :) my, how it has changed!

4 comments: