Monday, 6 January 2014

Weekend recap

Happy Monday, everyone!

How are you all? Are you back to work today? It seems as if most people are,
however I had the joy of returning to my beloved job last Thursday, so I'm
well ahead of you all in the general monotony and intense hatred of it all!

I had a crappy weekend really. As I told you on Friday, I had a cold, a cold that knocked
me for six, so I spent my weekend on the sofa consuming Lemsip after Lemsip
and working my way through my own body weight in tissues!

This is how my Saturday started...

and this is how my Saturday ended...

I did get a wonderful Amazon delivery on Saturday, which included the four books pictured below,
plus Season 8 of Supernatural on DVD and a cute travel mug (which I got to use for the first time today).

Sunday was a little more productive. I had a shower (go me!) and I went with Hubby to do a food shop,
which then drained me of all and any energy I had, so I spent the rest of the afternoon/evening on the sofa
watching episodes of Supernatural and eating pizza, despite banning it from the house for January #newyearfail

I also managed to paint my nails on Sunday evening, using my new Champney's nail polish

Hubby was a total godsend this weekend, taking really good care of me, fetching me
drinks and food and even putting up two new cork boards in the kitchen...
Before messing about with the broken old one...
I honestly don't know where I'd be without him #Ilovethatman

Just in case you were overly concerned about me, I am feeling much better today
although I do wish I could be a full-time blogger or lady of leisure cuz I'm totally over this work thing!

Here's hoping you have a great week!
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling better today, although it always sucks when your weekend disappears in a sea of snot and suddenly you feel better when you get back to work!

    Loving the pretty nail varnish. Hope you're all better for Hot Pants Friday! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mind too much about my weekend disappearing because I'd gone crazy on Wednesday cleaning and getting ready to return to work, so my house was clean and I didn't have anything planned so it was good to just sit and slob on the sofa! I'll be 100% better and raring to go for Hot Pants Friday, promise :) x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for following my blog and leaving a comment. Yours is awesome! I have followed as a blog fan and a Leicestershire resident!
    Happy Blogging. I hope your week isn't going too bad now and you're feeling better x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following back, Leah. I look forward to reading your blog and following your life, in a non-creepy way obvs :)

      Delete
  3. Hope you feel better soon. Great book choices, especially 'The Husband's Secret'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling much better thanks :) I can't wait to get stuck into The Husband's Secret, esp as it's Book Club's January book but I'm still reading The Bookstore, however over Christmas I did have the epiphany that the reason it is taking me SO long is because I don't like the lead male character and I find myself wanting to shout at the book. I only have 50 pages to go though so I'm ploughing through. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete